I consider it an enormous privilege to do this work. I feel deeply honoured and grateful to be allowed into people’s lives and to discover the tremendous skills, resources and abilities everyone possesses. It is a pleasure to help clients uncover these attributes and use them to find the knowledge and solutions they are looking for to create positive change in their lives.
I’ve been a therapist for over 18 years. Prior to opening my practice I worked for many years in Family Service Agencies both in Durham Region as well as in Kingston.
In addition to providing counselling to individuals, couples and families, I have led groups for women, parenting groups, self-esteem groups, addiction and relapse preventions groups, and grief support groups. I’ve worked as a therapist in addiction assessment and out-patient treatment programs and this allowed me to develop experience in working with substance abuse concerns for individuals as well as family members impacted by the problem.
Developing and facilitating workshops and presentations is a further passion of mine. For over 10 years I have led workshops on various wellness and relationship topics such as managing conflict, stress and change, balancing work/family life, coping with grief, letting go, and most recently on the issues of our relationship with food and exercise.
Education, Training and Credentials
- Master’s Degree in Social Work (MSW) from the University of Toronto (1995)
- Bachelor’s Degree with Honours (B.A. Hons) from Queen’s University in Kingston (1993).
- Registered Social Worker (RSW) in good standing with the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers (OCSSSW).
- Member of the Ontario Association of Social Workers (OASW)
- Certified Brief Solution-Focused Therapist
- Critical Incident Management therapist (Level 1 and 2)
- Level 1 and 2 training in EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization Reprocessing)
- Extensive training in other therapies including Narrative Therapy, Systems Therapy, Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, and Emotionally Focused Therapy.